Monday, December 1, 2008

Sunrise at Mount Lycadettus


So this morning, well it was basically still night, Caitlin, Kristina, Zane, Sarah Grizo and I went on an adventure to the highest point in Athens, Mount Lycabettus to watch the sunrise. It was a quite an uphill struggle to the top, and I was completely exhausted when we reached it, but it was more than worth it. We stayed up there for a few hours and watched as the entire city came to life. This was probably one of my favorite experiences in Athens, and I am so glad we did it. 



The city of Athens still sleeping

Beginning of a beautiful sunrise
Me: "Zane, will you take our picture?"
Zane: "Yeah but I can't get the sun setting in it"
Grizo: "That's because it's rising"

Love these two

Caitlin and I from the top of the peak, gorgeous view

Trying to see the Acropolis through the view finder

That's where I live! Behind the Old Olympic Stadium

Bell Tower at Sunrise
The whole gang 


I am still falling in love with this city and all it has to offer each day, I can't believe I have to leave in less than a week. I can't wait to get home and see friends and family of course, but I am realizing that once the stress of finals dies down in the next few days, reality will sink in, and it is not going to be easy to watch this amazing trip end. 

No comments: